Irish Soda Bread ~ Gluten free
2 ¾ cups
1 ½ teaspoons
½ cup raisins or (cut the cranberries up, if possible)
2 T agave nectar or honey
Handful of sliced ~ optional and best if you are eating this right away.
1. In a large bowl combine almond flour, salt, baking soda and raisins and/or cranberries.
2. In a smaller bowl combine eggs, agave and apple cider vinegar.
3. Mix wet ingredients into dry.
4. Place on a flat surface with more almond . You can even use Coconut flour for this as it is usually cheaper. Shape dough into a large circle that is 7 inches across and try to make the center thicker to more closely resemble traditional Irish Soda Bread.
5. Score the dough like you are cutting four pieces of pie.
6. Sprinkle top of bread with sliced almond seeds and press them in a bit.
7. Put bread on a baking sheet that has been spray with non-stick or coated with coconut oil to stop it from sticking.
8. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes, then turn off oven and leave bread in for 10 more minutes.
Give it a few minutes to cool off, no sense in ruining it with a burnt mouth and ENJOY! We had it with breakfast.